Are you afraid that bed bugs may be in your home, biting you and your family, leaving little, red, itchy welts? Bed bugs were thought to have been eradicated in the US, but we’ve seen more and more cases of them coming back in Alabama.
Learn More About Bed Bug Control
Bed bugs can be the most annoying pests present in any home. These tiny devils are hard to spot, as they only come out to feed on human blood during the night. They hide in bedding, under the furniture behind headboards and footboards. They are most commonly found in hotels, public restrooms, and hospitals.
Even though a bed bug’s bite does not carry disease, it can cause infection if you scratch too much. The bed bug usually leaves red spots and welts on your skin that can be extremely itchy. If you see dark spots on your linens or bedding, it’s a sign of bed bug infestation that will require control and treatment.
Pre-Bed Bug Treatment Measures
Our Southern Pride Pest Control professionals can inspect your home for bed bug infestation and recommend various bed bug pest treatment options. Once you choose the type of pest control plan that suits your budget, our inspector can come in to start the treatment.
HOWEVER, BEFORE THAT, YOU NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Make the decision to treat the home professionally instead of spending hundreds yourself and unsuccessfully treating it.
- Wash bedsheets, pillowcases, quilt covers, and linens in warm water.
- Dry-clean all furniture, comforters, drapes, curtains, and all other fabric items.
- Empty your closet; you never know if you have bed bugs in your clothes too.
- Use a powerful vacuum cleaner to clean the entire home. Once clean, empty the vacuum buckets into a plastic bag and seal it immediately.